Select teams are typically comprised of both age groups in the division (i.e., 10U and 11U). Teams play in the York Simcoe Baseball Association, with a regular season schedule of mostly doubleheaders on weekends. If a volunteer coach and enough players are available in a division, Select team selection will be done in the fall, with a winter workout program starting in January.
On average, 12-14 players are selected for each team. Registration fees for Select players are approximately double the cost of house league. An additional fee in the spring can be avoided if a team raises enough through sponsorship and fundraising.
A typical season consists of the following:
- 16-18 regular season games
- 3-5 weekend tournaments (1-2 out of town with a hotel stay)
- Practices (1 - 2 per week on average)
- York Simcoe Qualifiers in mid-August
- Baseball Ontario Select Championships on Labour Day weekend for teams that qualify.
- Indoor winter workouts (1 per week on average, January to April)
- Parent/player meetings
- Team building
- Baseball glove
- Baseball cleats (non-metal)
- Batting helmet
- Catcher's glove and protective gear
- Batting gloves
The league will provide the required uniform: jersey(s), and hat. Players are to purchase their own gray pants. Players also require protective athletic support, a belt and navy baseball socks. Many players purchase "slider" shorts and additional pants. Team equipment for 13U & below will include catcher's gear, although many players prefer to use their own.